Web / UX Designer
Fishgate is looking for a competent web/UX designer, with a proven track record of three to five years of experience, to conceptualise and design trailblazing solutions for the digital environment.
The designer will work closely with a team under the direction of the creative director to determine the direction of digital projects and to ensure that ideas are implemented to the highest standards. Digital agency experience is advantageous. A portfolio showcasing web/UX design and multimedia experience is essential.
Responsibilities / Job outline
- Conceptualising creative ideas with clients.
- Testing and improving the design of the website.
- Establishing design guidelines, standards, and best practices.
- Maintaining the appearance of websites/apps by enforcing content standards.
- Designing visual imagery for websites and ensuring that they are in line with branding for clients.
- Working with different content management systems.
- Communicating design ideas using user flows, process flows, site maps and wireframes.
- Incorporating functionalities and features into websites/apps.
- Designing sample pages including colours and fonts.
- Preparing design plans and presenting the website/app structure.
- Ensure that deadlines and client requirements for projects are met.
- Assist when needed in client pitches/presentations.
- Ability to liaise with members of the technical team.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop,
- An understanding of digital platforms: web and microsites, digital media (banners), mobile and apps
- Relevant design qualification
- Good understanding of web development principles (including UX, information architecture)
- An understanding of front-end development (WordPress, HTML and CSS)
- Independent, highly disciplined and self-motivated thinking